skip to main content
Staff Start


Illustrated wave with sunsetting on it

Students currently attending SDUHSD School

If you are currently attending another school in the San Dieguito Union High School district and are interested in attending Sunset High School, you must meet with your counselor and/or Assistant Principal prior to transferring. If you receive Special Education services at your current school, you must meet with your Special Education case manager and be referred by the IEP team. Next, you will need to schedule an information meeting to learn more about our school and receive a tour of the campus.

Students entering SDUHSD

If you live within the San Dieguito Union High School District boundary and are interested in attending Sunset High School, please call and make an appointment with the Registrar after you have completed the SDUHSD online pre-enrollment process
If you receive or have received special education services at your last school, you must first enroll at your boundary school, La Costa Canyon High School or Torrey Pines High School, to be assigned a case manager.  You must meet with your special education case manager and be referred through an IEP team prior to making an appointment to see the school.
Please visit the District website for additional enrollment information and to access the list of required enrollment documents.
For questions regarding enrollment please contact our Registrar, Lisa Rimbach at 760-753-3860, x5614, or email
All campus tours and information meetings are done by appointment only.  Please call Michelle Miller at 760.753.3860, x5534, or email to schedule an appointment.


The San Dieguito Union High School District has a NO SHOT NO SCHOOL policy.  Students are required to present their immunization records when enrolling in the district.  California law requires additional documentation for students who are from out-of-state or out-of-country.  Please see the schedule of required immunizations.  Students who do not meet these requirements, will not be enrolled in the district.  (SDUHSD Board Policy 5141.3)
For further information, review the Parents' Guide to Immunizations and visit the District Health Services page
Withdrawing from Sunset

Withdrawing from Sunset

To withdraw a student from Sunset the parent, or legal guardian, must contact the Registrar and sign a withdrawal form and provide the name of the student’s next school or district. Students must return all books, materials, and/or equipment that belongs to the school. 

Records will not be forwarded if the student owes for any material.