Expected School-Wide Learning Results
Sunset High School Prepares its Graduates to Be:Top of Page
Self-directed learners who
- reflect on and monitor their own academic and personal growth.
- develop and use effective strategies to overcome obstacles and become lifelong learners.
- recognize and adhere to appropriate behavior that will aid in their social and academic development.
- effectively use technology
Collaborative workers who
- exhibit communication and group interaction skills.
- employ problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- demonstrate concern, tolerance and respect for others while valuing diversity in groups.
Effective communicators who
- use self-expression to explore ideas and emotions.
- read, write, speak and listen effectively and critically.
Critical thinkers who
- use a variety of resources to obtain pertinent information.
- develop logical conclusions as evidenced by completion of standards-based curriculum.
Responsible citizens who
- respect and appreciate individual and cultural diversity.
- take the initiative to contribute, through service, to the school and community.
Resilient individuals who
- value and strive for mental, emotional and physical well-being.
- demonstrate adaptability and personal growth.
- seek creative, positive, non-violent resolution to conflict.
- accept responsibility for their actions.